Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Life Right Now...

consists of: My books, my smurf scrubs, my stethoscope, and my diet Dr. Pepper among other things

I have only 54 days left until I graduate (December 17, 7 p.m.) from nursing school!!!!! I cannot believe it, and hope I survive. I feel so close and yet have so much to do before I am done.
In the last 10 days I have worked 48 hours, had 36 hours of clinicals, taken 1 test, 5 hours of class, 2 hours of meetings with recruiters, and all of this besides my "regular" life of kids, laundry, cleaning, cooking, driving carpool, etc, etc, etc. I am functioning on very little sleep but it's all good because I have also had time to spend with family and friends. My parents took us to a beautiful play about The Savior on Friday night and it was great to spend time with them. Lastnight after work I met some of my girlfriends from school for dinner and a movie. I have been able to watch Rylee cheer at a game. I have spent time laughing with my kiddos! I have spent time baking, which is stress relief for me. I have got to play in 2 volleyball games! I got to watch my boys give talks during the Primary Program at church today. I think the only thing I haven't done in the last 10 days is go on a date with Mike, sorry babe!
So if I can survive the last 10 days I can do 54 more. Only 8 more days of clinical (3 in the ICUs, 4 in the NICU, and 1 paramedic ride along), only 8 more tests (5 unit tests, 2 finals, and 1 HESI), only 6 days of class.....I can do it!!!

4 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

You can absolutely "do it". I'm so proud of you. Almost there!

Aislinn said...

look at you SUPER WOMAN/MOM!! I'm so proud of you.. you are an inspiration for sure! You've worked very hard over the last few years and in a matter of days it will all be so worth it!! WAY TO GO CARLY... you are AWESOME!

Unknown said...

You are amazing! I am tired just reading this:) We missed you at the Haunted house but I don't blame you....

Rachel said...

LOOK at you! You are so strong & AMAZING!