Friday, April 21, 2006

BRANDON


B being an awesome dad and uncle at the Dinosaur Park last summer

Me and my siblings "holding" B up after his law school graduation in May 2004.

Me and my girls with B Nov.2004, shortly after we found out he was sick.

These are some pictures of my big brother Brandon. Most of you know he passed away 6 months ago of cancer. He was an amazing brother, daddy, uncle, friend, etc. The list could go on. I have been thinking about him a lot this last week since Monday was 6 months since he left us for a better place. I believe things/trials (whatever you want to call them) in life happen for a reason or a number of reasons. I miss him so much as I know so many others do too. But I try to think about what I can learn from him and from this amazing experience our family has gone through. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I am so grateful that he was my big brother and that I was blessed having him in my life and my kids life. It is hard not being able to call him and talk to him, but I am glad I have many memories of him to reflect upon when I miss him. I am especially glad we got to spend quite a bit of time with him the last year or so before he died. He and his little girl Kaienta came and stayed with us off and on and it was so much fun to create new memories with them. I will cherish last summer forever, just because of the time we had with him and Kaienta. I love them both and miss Brandon so much. I am glad I have such an incredible family and good friends who have helped me through these last few months. What else do we have in this life that could ever be as important as our family and our friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DEVRA SENT ME THIS EMAIL. I AM DEVRA'S MOM AND A FRIEND FOREVER TO BRANDON. I WILL NEVER LET HIS SMILE DISAPPEAR FROM MY EYES. WE WERE GOOD FRIENDS, I HOPE AS WELL ONE DAY I COULD MEET THE REST OF HIS FAMILY. I MET SUSIE(MOM)IN THE HOSPITAL. TAKE CARE OF YOU AND YOUR SPECIAL FAMILY BRANDON COULD NOT HAVE DONE HIS LAST YEAR WITHOUT YOU. LOVE PAULINE