Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our New Fun...

We decided to get bikes for everyone so that we can enjoy a fun family activity and get some exercise at the same time. I found a good used bike for myself and both boys got new bikes. The girls bikes are good for another year so they get to wait. We didn't think Jenna would be able to keep up with the rest of us so we got a trailer bicycle for her. It attaches just under my seat and she has her own pedals and handle bars. She loves it! It has been years since I have ridden a bike so Mike made sure I went a few times on my own before trying to tow Jenna along with me. Last week I decided I was ready to pull her along with me. So the kids and I headed out for a bike ride close to home. All was great until my bike stopped suddenly. I thought maybe my chain had come off but it was actually a problem with Jenna's wheel (it was a little tight and wouldn't' move). Luckily we were right across the street from the pawn shop. I ran over and borrowed a couple tools and was able to fix the problem all by myself. We were able to finish our ride and it was great!
Last night the boys were working with Mike so the girls and I headed out for a ride. We decided to try the legacy parkway trail. Not sure how far we went but followed the trail to 500 S. and then headed home. It was awesome! I am sore, but it feels good. My goal is to be able to ride the whole legacy trail and back by the end of the summer.

The 5 of us on our "first" ride.

Jenna & I, doesn't it look fun!

These 3 just wanted to go fast and far.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun. I want a bike. Haven't ridden in a long time, but it would be lots of fun to have one.

Christy said...

Where did you find Jenna's little hook on bike? Sorry, I don't know their official name. That would be fun. What a good goal! Thanks for the inspiration.