Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Got It...

the dreaded phone call from your child's school. "Carly, I have Jenna here in the office, she fell off the monkey bars, and her arm doesn't look so good". Luckily it was Tuesday, my only somewhat "free" day and I had just gotten back into Bountiful from my test at school. They said she was being very brave and not crying. Then when I got there she saw me and she lost it. So sad....

On the way to the Dr. to get an x-ray.



This is what it looked like, not extreme, but pretty obvious something is wrong...


The x-ray, can you see the nice fracture?


My tough little girl all splinted up and doped up (no, the pain meds didn't seem to do anything to her besides help with the pain).

Even though this was a stinky thing to have happen I have plenty to be grateful for in this situation: Jenna's left handed, an awesome Dr. who I totally trust, that it happened on a day when I was around (My schedule is soooo crazy and I worry all the time about not being there for my kids and this is definitely a time I would hate not being there), a tough kid, modern medicine, ....

So now both my girls have broken bones while playing on bars...after Jenna gets her cast (which she informed is going to be green like Rylee's was) I will post pics of both my girls in their casts.

It's all a part of growing up right?

5 comments:

Christy said...

Poor Jenna! What a brave girl though. Hope you spoiled her a little for her courage.

Unknown said...

so crazy that we were talking about the broken bones on Sat. night. SO sorry!

Anna said...

She's so brave, my kids would have been soooo hysterical.

Stacy said...

Oh, poor kid! I am glad everything else worked out for you to be there for her in her time of need!

Heidi Sue said...

That stinks. I am glad she is ok. She is such a trooper.