Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Kiddos

I am a proud mom! My kids always make me proud but it has been fun lately watching them learn and try new things.

Cole got his guitar for Christmas almost 2 years ago and we finally found a teacher for him, my dad! He LOVES playing and he is pretty good. He enjoys the time with my dad and he even enjoys practicing, I don't even have to remind him. He is learning to play a bit of everything from primary songs to Neil Young and now he is working on some Beatles songs. (You could probably guess who his teacher is without me telling, you just from the song choices).



Rylee is taking band this year and learning to play the clarinet. She seems to enjoy it and we get a kick out of listening to her practice. The best is when she is playing a song and doesn't quite blow enough or maybe too much and it squeaks like a barking seal. ;-) Mike tried playing the other day and could not get even the tiniest sound out. Go RY!



The other night we had the privilege of attending an art openhouse for Noah's class at the SLC library downtown. They had an art teacher come to their class and they made these neat paintings and now they are on display for a month. Noah's work is titled
"The Everlasting Ocean."


2 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

Sounds a lot like our house. Carl and Erik are learning guitar and Erik has been taking clarinet for three years now.
Love Noah's piece of art, he did a great job.
Go Martin Family!

Amy said...

I love that painting! Excellent job!