Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Lighter...

is how I am feeling after today. I wish it was because I had lost weight but I am slowly working on that. Today I made another kind of change.

I went from this:


And this:

To this:





I decided awhile back that I would cut my hair and donate it to Locks of Love, but wasn't sure how long I wanted to grow it or exactly how short I would go. Lately I have been feeling....blah (stressed, stuck, in need of change, etc). So I decided to cut my hair now, it was long enough to donate, and I was hoping it would make me feel a little less blah. It worked! 15 inches of hair later and I feel lighter. Not just my head but my heart as well. I don't know how something as simple as a haircut can make me feel inspired. Inspired to try harder, inspired to make some much needed changes, inspired to smile more, to want to smile more.
Now, I just hope Mike likes it too! He is out of town working for a few days and I have not told him about lightening my load...can't wait to see his reaction!

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

It looks sooooo cute...I love it! I can't believe how long your hair got though! Wow

Anna said...

Carly! I LOVE IT! Tres chic! It really flatters your face shape. Enough said, you are one hot mama!

Christy Woolston said...

Beautiful! In so many ways. 15 inches. WOW! Way to go.

Aislinn said...

Carly it looks WONDERFUL! It is amazing how something so simple can make you feel like a whole new person - and so good! Locks of Love is a great cause - WAY TO GO!!

Shelby said...

so, so cute Carly! I love it! Mike will love it too!

Heidi Lynn said...

I love it! Your hair looks great short! I've been considering cutting my hair short, but I think I'm too chicken...

Mary said...

It's cute!

Unknown said...

It seriously looks so cute. You always have the prettiest hair though. You are awesome!

Stacy said...

Carly, your hair looks so good!! I bet you feel a lot lighter!

Abarca's said...

It looks Great! I love it!

Heidi Sue said...

I love it! I had noticed how long your hair was, very beautiful. It mad me think I should let mine grow, But Now I see your cute short hair, and love it!