Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the incredible moms in my life: my own mom, my mother-in-law, my sisters and sister-in-laws, my grandma, my friends, and so many others who are examples and help me to be a better mother each day! I am so blessed to have so many mothers in my life. I wanted to focus on my own mom today. She is THE most wonderful mom and grandma. I could never express to her how truly grateful I am for all she does for me and all she has taught me. She is the most unselfish person I know. She serves anyone and everyone. She works hard. She enjoys life. She loves everyone, even when we don't deserve it. She loves the Lord and it's evident in the way she lives her life. Through her example she has taught me all of this and so much more. Here is a short list of some of the things I appreciate most about my mom: the way she took care of my brother, Brandon, when he was sick and dying, the way she has always supported me by being there at my school or sporting events, the way she supports my children by being there at their events, the way she makes treats for me or my kids just because and it's always our favorite thing, the encouragement she always offers just when I need it most, the unconditional love she has for me. I am so blessed to have her as my mom and as the grandmother of my children. THANK YOU MOM! I LOVE YOU!!!


Here she is making frosting for Jenna's birthday cake. The girls and I flew to NC for my brother's wedding and it was Jenna's 3rd birthday. When we got to her house she had already made a cake and let Jenna help her with the frosting and let her lick the bowl,

Here she is on Easter last year with some of my siblings, my dad, Mike, and some of my nieces and nephews. My parents have had this big table for many, many years and my mom enjoys having us all around the table whether we are eating, playing games, or just reminiscing. It is one of my favorite places to be because no matter where my parents live, the table is there and brings back so many memories. We always have great food and so much fun!


Here she is holding my nephew, Wyatt. She loves all her grandchildren so much and would do anything for them. She is always planning fun things to do with them, making them treats, or teaching them something fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great tribute Carly! We are so lucky to have awesome moms. YOu are an amazing mom too- your kids are blessed.