Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Semester from Hell...

I keep forgetting to take a picture of me in my "beautiful" blue scrubs. Actually, I am not sure I want a picture of me in them...Anyway, this semester has been crazy! I only have one class but it's fundamental and we have lecture 5 hours a week, a test about every week, and labs on Fridays. We also have had to watch all these skills videos which we can only watch at the library on campus. So far I have survived, sometimes just barely. I have passed off my assessments, bed baths, injections, and a few other things. Tomorrow I hope to pass off catheters and a few other things as well. It will be nice to have all the labs done and then we have a couple Fridays off before we start Clinicals. I am way excited for the break because I get to spend 10 days in Hawaii with Rylee, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, and 2 of my neices. I have never been and am sooooooooooo looking forward to it. Not only because it's Hawaii and who wouldn't be excited, but I need a break so bad right now. I am looking forward to sitting on the beach and relaxing...oh and snorkeling, and boogie boarding, and surfing, and the whole experience. AHHHHHH! 1 week from today I will be sitting on the beach in Maui, can't wait!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

You have really stuck in there, and I am SO glad you get some well-deserved R&R. Have a wonderful time, and grow a few extra freckles for me please ;)

julie said...

How exciting!!!! Hawaii is amazing. I have never been to Maui, but I have heard it is fabulous. School can definitely be crazy at times. But doesn't if just feel so great to know that every lecture, every test, every assessment just brings you one step closer to being done. Keep it up, you are amazing :)

Christy said...

Hang in there and then you can "Hang Loose". Make sure you squeeze in enough R & R you deserve it.