Monday, July 06, 2009

On to O'ahu

On Thursday we left Maui and flew to O'ahu. We got checked in to our hotel in downtown Honolulu right near Waikiki beach. After only a few minutes of being there I was wishing I was back in Maui. Honolulu is a big crazy city. Traffic, people, scummmy neighborhoods, just not what I picture when I think of Hawaii. We went for a drive around the island and it was beautiful once we got out of Honolulu. We went by BYU Hawaii, the temple, and the Dole plantation.



Here is a picture of BYU Hawaii, I was surprised how small it was. I told Ry she should go there, that way we can come visit.
Ry and Shannon outside the temple. The temple is closed for construction right now. The outside is all rough and the whole inside has been gutted.
Ry and I at the temple.
Ry & Shannon at the maze at the Dole plantation. We got there an hour before they closed. They give you a card punched with the time you got there and then you have to find 8 different stations in the maze. Then you are suppose to come back to see if you found them all fast enough to get a prize. The girls finished in an hour but by the time they came out the girl at the booth had gone home, oh well they had fun doing it. We had Dole whip, yummy!!!!! I wish I could get that here.

No comments: