Friday, January 01, 2010

Family Concerts

The day we spent together as a family before Devin & Karissa moved and on Christmas Eve both involved sharing of talents. My dad played guitar and sang us some of the songs he has written. Cole and each of my nephews (Taylor and McKay) played us some songs on their guitars. Rylee played her clarinet for us and Eliza (my niece) sang for us. It was fun to watch them all share talents with us and each other. It's a great way to get them feeling comfortable playing in front of others, especially my kids who are not use to performing.

Here the girls are singing a song my dad wrote while he plays (with a little help from Cole).


Ry playing some Christmas hymns.


Eliza singing some Christmas songs (she was the opening act for Alex Boyle a few weeks ago).


My Dad:


Cole was very nervous about playing for all of us. My dad told him to picture all of us in our underwear, yeah that really helped. Now dad what should we do to stop all the giggling?



No comments: