Tuesday, February 23, 2010

37

Today is my brother, Brandon's 37th birthday. We miss him everyday but even more on days like today. I love this picture of him, he has an awesome smile!


We try to celebrate him each year on this day and tonight was quite the celebration.

We all went to my parents house for the party! We sang Happy Birthday and my mom (who just had her 3rd knee replacement 5 days ago) blew out the candles.



We Skyped with Devin & Karissa on one laptop and Sara and her family on another laptop and we had Griffin on the phone so we could all celebrate "together".


My grandparents are in town to help my mom, so we were lucky to have them here for this special day too.


My dad wrote a song for B and sang and played it for us tonight. It was awesome! Looko how talented my old man is: writing a song, playing the song on guitar and harmonica, and singing the song!


37 Years (for Brandon)

37 years since your birth
you filled our lives from the first
Momma, daddy held you tight
believing you would always be in sight

you grew tall and became a man
not knowing what was in the plan
your a father now - a beautiful girl
her eyes so bright and full of thrill

Cour plus years have come and gone
since you left us all behind
with tears in our eyes we said good-bye
hoep you're smiling down while we still cry

You lived your life with hoy of heart
trying to know your personal part
you took on life like the great boxer's bout
in the end your flame burned out

Longint to see you in another place
we miss you know and think of you often
Remember alwasy and never forgotten

Four plus years have come and gone
since you left us all behind
with tears in our eyes we said good-bye
hope you're smiling down while we still cry

written 19 Feb. 2010
by Gary J Delozier
Copyright
Keep the Peace Music

3 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

Beautiful! The celebration of life is so important.

Aislinn said...

Carly, that's a beautiful song! So glad that ya'll are able to keep him alive in your hearts and celebrate his life!

Unknown said...

Love you- Brandon is lucky to have such a great sister. I know you meant a lot to him- especially in his last few months, you were always there for him. Although it was a short time I am glad I knew him. I am sure he was there celebrating with you guys.