Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Family Time

Yesterday was President's Day and so the kiddos were out of school for the day. I only had to work 6 hours in the morning so we decided to spend the rest of the day as a family. It has been WAY too long since the 6 of us have gotten to spend time together doing something fun! It was a much needed fun family day! We went and saw the new movie "The Lightning Thief" and loved it! Cole has been reading the books and telling Noah all about them. They have been SO excited for this movie to come out. I decided to read the book this weekend before seeing the movie. I didn't quite finish. I took it with us to the theater and read until previews started and still had 7 pages left to finish after the movie. We enjoyed both the book and the movie even though they were quite different. Jenna had to cover her eyes and hold on tight to Daddy a few times but no nightmares lastnight so all is well.
After the movie we went to dinner at our favorite restaurant, The Olive Garden! As always good food! The kids were so well behaved and we had lots of laughs!
I love my husband and my kiddos and miss all the time we use to have to spend with each other. I know I am doing the right thing going to school and all, but it's so hard to make enough time for everyone and everything. I cannot wait until December when I am done! I just keep telling myself it will be worth it.

3 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

I took the kids to see that yesterday too. Erik had six of his friends come along, Josh had two and Seth was my date. :) I thought the movie was very entertaining. Glad you got a much needed...much deserved family day. December will be here before you know it. So hang in there!

Unknown said...

So glad you guys got to do this. You are amazing. I can't imagine taking on all that you do. it will be worth it though and you are on the down hill slope. You can do it!

Amy said...

I haven't seen the movie yet but I do know that the preview looks NOTHING like the book. But it looks really good anyway! I read that whole series so when the movie came out I was really excited. Now to find time....