Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A Fun Birthday!

My dad's birthday is February 1 and Rylee's is February 2 along with my niece, Kaienta. So on Sunday we got together with my family to celebrate all the birthdays. Since Kaienta is far away in Spain we made videos for her. My dad wrote her a birthday song and he played the guitar while the kids all sang it for her. I think it meant a lot to the kids and Kaienta.
We all miss her so much.

Here's my dad blowing out the candles on his cake.


Here is Rylee enjoying her birthday cake.


For the actual day Rylee planned the menus:
German pancakes and orange julius for breakfast, tacos for dinner, and scones for dessert.

Here she is enjoying her breakfast.


Last week we ordered new glasses for her and they came in today.
She was so excited and they look so good on her.


We had the Martin side of the family over tonight to celebrate. She got lots of fun gifts and I am not sure which she liked more: the money, the ipod nano, or these mismatched socks. For those of you who don't know, Rylee never wears matching socks. She says it's bad luck. My sister-in-law found a little store in the Sacramento airport today with lots of products from a company called Little Miss Matched. She got Rylee this pack of 3 socks, each one was different.
Rylee loved them!!!


She said she had an amazing birthday and I am so glad! She deserves it!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh I miss that little boy-crazy gal! She is such a sweetheart...good job Mom :)

Christy Woolston said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYLEE! A REAL TEENAGER...Look out world, here she comes. :)

Stacy said...

How fun!! She looks so good in her glasses!