Sunday, May 02, 2010

School

It has been awhile since I have blogged about my nursing school experiences so I figured now was a good time. I have finals the next 3 days and then about 2 weeks off and then I start the first of my last 2 semesters. I cannot believe I only have 2 semesters and about 7 1/2 months til I graduate. I am enjoying school and learning so much everyday, but I look forward to starting my career and having more time for my family. It has been tough, but I am reassured over and over through little ways that I am doing what I am suppose to be doing right now in my life.
I am really excited because I think I have found the area of nursing I would like to work in...Labor and Delivery! I started feeling that way after my clinical rotations in OB last semester. The only problem was that our time there was so limited so I decided to do some independent study clinical time this semester. I just finished up my extra 45 hours in Labor and Delivery yesterday. I loved every minute of my 45 hours (doing vag exams, placing folleys, holding legs and counting, holding babies only minutes old, helping new moms breastfeed)! I tried to soak up all the L&D knowledge that I could and had incredible nurses to work with. Everyone there was so helpful and supportive and willing to teach and answer any questions. I keep praying that their hiring freeze will be over when I graduate in December!

2 comments:

Anna said...

December! Dang I was hoping for September! you could be in my delivery room!

Mary said...

My sister is a Labor & Delivery Nurse at LDS Hospital and she LOVES it!