Monday, August 23, 2010

The First Day

Well, we all survived the first day of school for the 2010-2011 school year.

First off was Rylee (8th grader). Today was the only day she didn't have to be there early for cheer practice. Starting tomorrow she has to be there everyday at 6:15. I am so grateful we have a carpool. Anyway, in case you haven't heard, Ry is OBSESSED!!! (and that's the understatement of the year) with Justin Bieber. I thought she would wear one of her new shirts but no she had to wear her Justin shirt from the concert this summer. She is definitely her own person and does not let what others might think or say stop her from doing what she wants. It's one of my favorite characteristics of Rylee. This year she is learning to play the saxophone and is SO excited. The only bummer is that it is quite a bit bigger than the clarinet.


Awhile later it was time for the other 3 kids to head to school. The last few years they have had a big flag ceremony out in front of the school and I was under the impression they were doing it again this year. I was wrong! We walked to school and everyone was just going to find their classrooms. It was fine, just anticlimactic, I guess I better get use to changes since they have a new principal this year.

Cole (6th grade) was excited for school and to wear his new guitar shirt. You can't really see it well in the picture. They actually wore jackets because it was so chilly this morning, the first time that I can recall. He is also excited to be on the school service council this year. He applied at the end of last school year and was thrilled when he got the letter in the mail announcing he had made it! It will be a great way for him to come out of his shell a bit.


Noah (6th grade) was excited for school to start as well. I guess they were glad to be with friends all day everyday again. He wore his new skateboarding shirt. It's been so fun to watch the boys each develop their own talents and interests. Noah loves riding the ramp in the garage and going to the skatepark on Saturday mornings with Mike.


Jenna (2nd grade) was SO excited to go to second grade! She has a great teacher (Rylee had her in 1st grade). She didn't really know if she had any friends in her class and was glad to see soem familiar faces when she got to her classroom. Notice her flip flops don't match. She has been wearing them like that most of the summer, I think to be like her big sister, who never wears matching socks. Isn't she so cute!?!?! I cannot believe my baby is in 2nd grade, where has the time gone?!?! I feel a but guilty that I have not volunteered in her classes like I was able to with the other kids. I am hoping the second half of the school year I will be able to do quite a bit more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I can't believe how big your kids are. Savannah is jealous that Jenna can wear flip flops- they aren't allowed at her school.

Rachel said...

You'll have plenty of time to volunteer. Plus, you've put in more hours at that school than most parents! I love the first day of school pictures. Its amazing how fast the year goes and how much the kids change.