Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Out of Shape

So I am doing a 10K race called The Dirty Dash (all in mud with obstacles) in 1 month from tomorrow and I have been putting of training. Well, not really putting off, just having a hard time making time. The problem is that I am 1 of a team of 5 and I fear I may be the weakest link on our team. I don't want to let my friends or myself down. So tonight I finally went for a "run". I went 3.5 miles and it took me about 35 minutes, not too shabby for my first run in a couple months. Last time I tried to run my knees were screaming at me, but tonight they seemed more relaxed. It was hard and I walked more than I ran but it felt good too! I don't want to let my team down and we have a very important team to beat, our husbands are a team as well. I am looking forward to it!!!

6 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

That's Awesome! Way to go. You'll have to have someone come and take lots of pictures. What a fun memory that will be.

Kelcie said...

NIIICE WORK!! That race is going to be freakin awesome! you girls are going to kill your men! Just keep it up!

Unknown said...

If you did it that fast you are faster than me. I am scared because I have heard one mile is straight up hill and that you gain about 10 pounds from the mudd you carry!

kelly said...

Dude. We all know that the Sansoms are going to be the weak links on the teams.
I'm still saying that Rachel will have to strap me to her back and carry me to the finish line.

Carly said...

Sounds like we will be helping each other...I am so excited! I know it's going to be SO hard, but SO awesome!

Rachel said...

GO TEAM! I'm so jealous of all of you. That's it. I'm starting tomorrow to train, just in case flights are cheap that weekend. Is it too late to sign up? Maybe I can get a shirt :)