Sunday, March 13, 2011

To Cut or Not To Cut

My boys have both been growing their hair for quite some time now. I told them as long as they keep it cleaned and combed it was fine. As it got longer and longer, especially Cole's, it was starting to bug me. It was in his eyes all the time and he was getting called a girl too often. As their 12th birthday got closer and closer, Mike told them they needed to get their haircut. He said if they were going to be Deacons and pass the Sacrament, they needed to look like young men. I had mixed emotions about it. I know how much their hair means to them, especially Cole, and every time we brought it up they would get upset. I finally realized Mike was right and told the boys it was time to let it go, at least for now. So yesterday was the big day:


Noah: Before


Noah: After



Cole: Before


Cole: After


I think they both look really nice! I let Cole keep his a bit longer than Noah's since looking different is the reason he started growing his hair in the first place. It is going to take some getting use to for both them and all of us around them, but definitely think they are looking good!

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

They both look very nice.