Sunday, June 05, 2011

My First...

Little Red Riding Hood bike ride. I road 50 miles, yes 50, yesterday in the Little Red, which is an all women bike ride north of Logan that has been happening each year for 24 years. It was my first real bike ride and it was awesome!!! It was HARD, but I finished even after popping a tube (twice) and crashing. I really struggled the last 15 miles and did not think I was going to make it. When I got to the end and saw the finish line I cried. It was really one of the hardest things I have ever done. Even though it was hard, it was also fun and a beautiful day. I don't think I LOVE biking like some of my friends, but it is something I will continue to do. I am hoping that I can get in better shape and get a bit faster before October. I plan on doing another ride then in Vegas.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Carly, you are amazing & strong. I am so proud of you for riding the big race. I chickened out... but this weekend I am going 60 miles, yikes! Come up and ride soon in Heber. Great views, no pressure :)