Sunday, June 03, 2012

Aunt Becky and Uncle Donny's


Staying with my Uncle Donny and Aunt Becky brings back special memories for me. We stayed there for the first time when my brother, Brandon, was dying. They live just a few blocks from my grandparents and since my brother and my parents were staying there we stayed with Donny and Becky. That way we were close enough to spend time with my brother, but out of the way if need be. My kids were 8, 6, 6, and 2 at that time and Donny and Becky treated them and all of us with extra love and kindness so my kids really have fond memories from way back then. I remember having long talks, sitting outside around their beautiful relaxing pool, and just feeling peace there. We were lucky enough to stay with them a year later and feel of their love and hospitality again. Every time Uncle Donny or Aunt Becky are mentioned or even San Diego, the kids would bug us about going and staying with them again. They remember Aunt Becky's pancakes, the wild bunnies, the lizards, and the pool/hot tub. They were so excited to go stay this time! We all enjoyed spending time with Donny and Becky and enjoying some of the same memories as well as making new ones. The boys learned to play pool with Uncle Donny and the kids loved playing with their dog, Cali. We enjoyed juicy oranges fresh from their trees. It still has that same peaceful feeling for me too. Something I can't explain, but it is there.




No comments: