Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Mom

It has been 11 months since my brother, Brandon, died of cancer. Two years since they first found something on his liver. Last Wednesday my dad called to tell us that my mom had 2 tumors on her liver. What a shock! It was too soon, too close to home after Brandon. They took some blood to determine exactly what kind of cancer or where it started, etc. This last week has been a long one, full of prayers, family, pondering, stressing, worry, love, and many other amazing emotions and experiences. The results from those tests came back today. My mom DOES NOT have cancer. It is blood vessels growing on her liver that will not affect her one way or the other. Prayers are definitley answered! I can't tell you how happy I am and how quickly I thanked my Father in Heaven for this wonderful news. I love you mom and dad! See you in October!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a relief! I am so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Carly,
I just don't even know what to say. What a blessing. I believe in my heart that it was Brandon's doing. He is always watching out for all of us.
Love,
Devra