Tuesday, October 17, 2006

BRANDON

My brother, Brandon, died 1 year ago today. I can't believe it has been a year, I still miss him so much. I think about him at odd times, you know, when little things remind me of him or something we did together. Sometimes I think "Oh, I have to call B and tell him that" and then it sucks because I remember I can't. Going to San Diego last week was wonderful, but wierd and a litte hard. We were there a year ago the same time to spend time with Brandon and say goodbye to him. My grandparents yard is so beautiful and quiet and it was good to be there again and remember B laying there a year ago looking so content and peaceful. I miss his little girl Kaienta a lot too. So do my kids, a ton! I am looking forward to this weekend when my parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins will all be together. We will be doing B's temple work on Saturday, what a wonderful blessing that will be. I have had a crazy, busy morning and the rest of the day looks the same, but a part of me is glad. It is easier for me to deal with "stuff" if I stay busy and keep living my life. I love Brandon and am so lucky to have him for a brother and I miss him, but I know that someday we will be together again. I love my parents and the rest of my siblings too. I am very blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom,
I miss Brandon and Kianta sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope we get to still see Kaienta!

Love
Rylee

Anonymous said...

We were thinking about Brandon and all of you on this very sad day. Lane and I woke up in Maui, Hawaii and could feel Brandon's presence all day. It did feel very peaceful to be in such a beautiful place to remember such a beautiful person.
Love you all,
Devra, Lane, Sofie and Sawyer