Monday, November 06, 2006

Industrious Kids

This afternoon the kids wanted to walk down to Grandma and Grandpa's house. I told them they could go but only to stay for a few minutes and then walk home. Awhile later Mike's dad called to tell me he had put them to work. They share their backyard with my friend, Katie, and she has a big chestnut tree that drops a ton of chestnuts. Bob told the kids he would pay them 2 cents for each nut they picked up. Rylee tried to talk him into 5 cents, but he said no deal, 2 cents is it. So about an hour later they called to say they were done and had earned $7.00 between the four of them. They were so excited and so were Grandma and Grandpa to have their yard cleaned up! Then they talked Grandma into making them mac and cheese for dinner, which was nice for Mike & I. We had a quiet dinner just the 2 of us at home before we had to go get the kids. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are they ready to come pick up my chestnuts? Seriously I will pay them too!