Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Five For Fighting!!!!!

Lastnight I went to an incredible concert, Five For Fighting! I got tickets a couple months ago for myself and my friend Rachel (who introduced me to them) and Karissa, my sister-in-law. They both have bdays in March and I got them tickets for their bdays! We went to dinner at Blue Iguana (yummy!!!! mexican food) and the show was at The Depot, a fairly new club at the Gateway. The opening act was Chantal Kreviazuk! I had never heard of her, but was very impressed! She is a songwriter, piano player, and has a beautiful voice. I liked her so much I had to buy one of her cd's. Five Fighting was a lot of fun! A smaller venue is nice, more intimate and he told stories behind the songs and was really funny too. I am in awe of performers who play the piano and sing simultaneously!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carly-

That sounds like so much fun! I love five for fighting. I would have liked to have seen them. That Chantal girl sings on a lot of soundtracks for romantic comedies and I really like her too. I am jealous!