Monday, November 12, 2007

New Eyes for Ry


Ry has been bugging us about getting contacts for awhile now. I kept telling her she needs to wait another year or so and until she is a little more responsible. She kept bugging and when I realized (I guess I'm a little slow sometimes) that she has to take her glasses on and off for gymnastics all the time I changed my mind. So here she is at the Dr's office putting her contacts in for the first time. She did great! It only took her 3 or 4 tries for the first eye and 2 for the second. She is still having a little trouble getting them in and out each day, but for the most part she's doing wonderfully! I always thought she looked so cute and stylish in her glasses, but of course she looks great without them too!

2 comments:

Amy said...

she's such a little beauty - now you can see it even better!

Rachel said...

Carly,
I'm excited for Rylee. I love my glasses for the fact that I could see , but the reality was and still is I feel prettier with my contacts. I still wear my glasses from time to time, but I just got new day/night contacts and LOVE them. Rylee will love having the option.
Although the contacts may cost you more :) Your a great mom for letting her get the contacts young. Its a big step and a lot of responsibly for Rylee. I'm cheering her on for the cartwheel on the beam.