Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween

A Mummy(Cole), Hannah Montana(Rylee), A Ladybug (Jenna), and A Punk Zombie(Noah)

This year I felt like a real slacker! We didn't do any fun Halloween activities (visiting scary places, carving pumpkins, etc). I think school has me feeling a little burned out. The kids even had 2 days off school for UEA and I didn't do anything fun with them, sorry kids. Luckily my mom called and wanted to have them over to make & decorate Halloween cookies. So on Tuesday morning we went to Jenna's little preschool carnival, then Grandma Susie came and picked them up and took them to her house for the day. (I had class & had to go to the dentist to get my crown put back on). They had sooooooooooooo much fun! THANKS Mom/Grandma!!! I have realized lately how lucky/blessed my kids are to have all 4 grandparents close by. Not only do they live close, they love to spend time with the kids and do so on a regular basis. Jenna goes to Mike's parents house 2-3 days a week while I am at school and loves being there all by herself. Mike's mom spoils her (I've decided grandmas love to spoil because they had to be the "mean" disciplinarian to their kids now they can relaz and just have fun and be the nice one). Sometimes she'll call and have just the boys come over to play or just the girls, they love it! Sorry, I went off on a little tangent there, but I have been thinking a lot about our great parents/grandparent lately!

Now, back to Halloween: we always go over to Mike's sisters for dinner and trick or treating. They live only a couple blocks from my sister so we always stop there first and this year my parents were there to see the kids in there costumes. We ate hot dogs and yummy chili (Mike's brother in law Mike is a great chef). Then we headed out to trick or treat and didn't even really need jackets because it was so nice. There didn't seem to be too many other trick or treaters out and every house kept telling the kids to take 2 or 3 treats because they hadn't gotten many trick or treaters. I heard similar stories today from lots of other people. Can anyone explain? The kids of course got way to much candy and had a great time!My favorite part, besides watching my cute kids, was the homemade donuts. There is one house by my sister in laws that make them every year and they are the best donuts I have ever had! Anyway, it was a fun Halloween, next year I will try to make it more fun for my kids!

5 comments:

Shelby said...

I NEED to know where the donut house is!!! How fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Shelby...I'd dress up for homemade donuts. Where do we go?

Anonymous said...

Oops! I wasn't finished. Your kids look great and it sounds like they had so much fun and when life gets busy it is nice to have others around who can step in and help out a bit. You are blessed to have such a situation and your kids had some great Halloween activities. I don't believe we have to do it all alone.

Unknown said...

So cute. Ryan loved the spikey wig:)

Rachel said...

Carly, I am so glad your mom is close now to enjoy your kids and help you out during this time in your life!