Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Big Announcement!

Mike finally convinced me it was time we increase the number in our family.
So, the big announcement....drum roll.....Introducing the newest member of our family:















Isn't he the cutest thing you have ever seen?!?! We have talked off and on about getting another dog, but just haven't really found the right one until now. This poor little guy was left out in the cold we think to die. Someone found him and he was skin and bones. She took him home and loved him and fed him for a few days but wanted to find a good home for him. Lucky for us Mike was in the right place at the right time and met the little guy (and his temporary mom). We went over this afternoon to see him and I fell in love instantly (and I am really not much of a dog person)! He was so sweet and snuggly (who knows if that will last) and when he put his front paws up on Jenna's chest and started "kissing" her face I knew we were not leaving without him. I mean come on, how could I say no to those 2 cute little faces. Anyway, we don't know how old he is or even for sure what kind of dog he is. We are taking him to the vet on Friday and hope to have a better idea, but for now we think he is about 8 weeks old and probably some kind of boxer mix, maybe pit bull. The kids had no idea and were so excited when they got home from school today. Truman's not too sure about him yet. And I can't believe how huge Truman seems next to him. Now I get to add "potty train a puppy" to my to do list over my break from school. We also have yet to name him. We were thinking we would tak suggestions and let the kids vote. So any suggestions are welcomed! Mike would prefer something from the Simpsons, but we'll see. He is definetly not a Homer or a Bart. Ry's gym coach suggested "Moe" which I kind of like, but please help us name the cute little guy! Oh, he is so cute! Right now he is all curled up at my feet sleeping. There is jsut something about sleeping babies, whether human or dog or whatever. SO CUTE!

5 comments:

kelly said...

I think you should name him Chief.
And, he is adorable!

Anonymous said...

He's a cutie! He looks like a Rusty to me.

Unknown said...

Oh- that makes me miss my boxer so bad. She looked so much like that. I think you should name him "Chewy" because believe me that is what boxers love to do!

Shelby said...

I think he should be Oscar the Boxer! He is super cute, but he doesn't make me miss my boxer!

Sara B said...

Mara wants you to name him Helicopter- I don't know where she gets her names- she named her stuffed dog Tree and she named wyatt's stuffed cat Pants. He is a cute dog and we can't wait to meet him.