Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sadness

I got a text early Monday morning from my sister that an amazing young man had passed away from cancer. Our families have been friends for years and they are an incredible family. I have been thinking of them the last couple months and even more the last few days. He passed away 2 years and 2 months to the day that my brother Brandon died from cancer. The last couple months as I have thought of this family and the pain and sufferering (physical and emotional) that they must be feeling, I have also thought a lot more about Brandon and our family. There are no words to describe the emotional roller coaster that a family goes through when losing a loved one, especially one so young. I am sure it is different for each family, each individual, but it is just so sad. At the same time there also seems to be blessings and comfort and peace and amazing emotional experiences that again cannot be put into words. Life is so precious...

No comments: