Monday, November 10, 2008

My Champion

Rylee had another gymnastics meet this past Saturday and overall it was way better than the last one. It was in Park City and Ry has been working hard all week, looking forward to improving over last week. First event:bars (she has been working extra hard on bars), Score:8.6; highest so far this season. Next event:beam (not her favorite), Score:8.5; highest so far this season. Next:floor (Ry's favorite and usually strongest event), Score:8.25; unfortunately she fell which is an automatic 8/10 deduction. She was very upset after floor, I think she was expecting to do a lot better and was frustrated with herself. I tried to encourage her and tell her she was still haveing her best meet this season, I don't think I helped much at the moment. Last event:vault (Ry's least favorite and usually weakest event), Score:8.4; again her highest so far this season. She was very dissapointed in herself, but she had her highest overall (33.75) this season and really did well. She was surprised and ecstatic during awards ceremony to find she had placed first on Bars. That helped cheer her up a little, that and the fact that she was done for a few days and was having a sleepover that night with her cousin. Anyway, I am so proud of my daughter. She works hard each day, even when she would rather be somewhere else sometimes. She smiles through it all and (usually) keeps her optimistic attitude. She cheers on her teammates and the competition. It's not about winning or losing, it's how you play that matters. And Rylee knows how to play. I am so proud of her! I love watching her compete. I love watching her work hard. I love watching the hard work pay off. She is my CHAMPION!!!


6 comments:

kelly said...

Carly! I have pictures of Rylee for you. I keep forgetting to call, but they are finished. Come and get the cd anytime you want.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun watching you kids achieve great things and work hard to get there. It is very satisfying. WAY TO GO RYLEE!

Sara B said...

We can't wait to come and see you compete on the 22nd!

5ofus said...

where does she compete on the 22nd Sorry we missed her big day. We heard her whole gym did outstanding. So maybe she will reconsider quiting?

Rachel said...

I love the look on her face at the top of that awards stand. Its so great that she has found a place to succeed. Even if it does take long hours of dedication and practice. So great!

Heidi Lynn said...

That's so great! :) That is so cool that she is so good at gymnastics!