Friday, January 02, 2009

First Day of a New Year...


I haven't made any official resolutions. I am glad 2008 is behind us. I am looking forward to a better 2009. That is all I have in the way of deep thoughts right now to share...sorry not much.
Anyway, yesterday I was able to go see Mike's dad for the first time in a few days and he looks sooooooo much better. He is awake and off most his meds. He is still intubated but they are hoping to take the tube out today or tomorrow. It was awesome to see him smile and the recognition is his eyes. When I got home this is the sunset I saw from our house. Things are looking up.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm not making any either... I'm taking day at a time this year.

julie said...

I am glad to hear Mike's Dad is doing better. I bet that was so stressful, especially during the holidays. For some reason this year I have like a millions goals! I guess it must be the need for change I am feeling, who knows?

Tiffany said...

I am sorry you guys have had to go through this. I am glad he is improving, and hope things continue to improve. I am with you on being glad it's '09 :)

Angie Helm Interiors said...

Glad to hear Mike's dad is recovering well. Happy New Year.