Monday, January 26, 2009

Grandpa Bob

Mike's dad passed away early this morning peacefully with his dear wife with him. He was an amazing dad and grandpa! He was very tender hearted and generous. He loved people and people loved him. He loved telling jokes and stories. He loved genealogy and sharing family history facts with us. For the last 3 years they have lived just 2 blocks down the street from us. We told the kids last night how lucky they were to have been able to spend so much time with Grandpa, what a blessing in their lives. We love you Bob, you will be greatly missed! Thanks for your example of love and kindness.


Bob enjoyed photography, mostly he took beautiful landscape pictures.


Christmas was his favorite time of year, notice the fun suspenders. He also had a number of Christmas socks. This is from Christmas 2007 since he missed it this year. He always hands out the gifts but usually lets the younger kids help.


This picture is from fall of 2004, we were all in CA for his mom's funeral. I love the big smile on his face and Noah's. He was always so much fun!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I thought he was going to pull through the way he fought to sustain his life. Our sympathies. I know he was loved and will be missed.

Aislinn said...

Carly, so sorry to learn of the loss of such a wonderful man! I bet he appreciates all of the love and caring that was provided to him, by his family, over the past few months. I'm sure he will be missed.

Tiffany said...

I am so sorry. We know so well what you are going through. It was such a blessing to be able to live so close and have the kids interact with Bryan's dad daily before he passed away. Your kids will cherish those memories. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Rachel said...

Oh Carly, I thought of you all night. May your heart and mind be at peace, he is in good hands.

Unknown said...

He was the best back fence neighbor one could ask for! I'm so glad they lived by you the last few years- what wonderful memories your kids will always have. WE love you

Angie Helm Interiors said...

Carly and Mike, I'm so sorry for your loss. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Amy said...

Carly, I too thought he was going to pull through after what you were saying. I'm so sorry! That will be a loss for your whole family I'm sure. *hugs*

Stacy said...

I am so sorry. He sounds like such a great man! Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Heidi Sue said...

Carly I am sorry to hear about your loss. I know its not easy. Please know that you and your family are in our prayers.

Simi B. Cazeau said...

Carly sorry to hear about the loss. We will have you and your family in our prayers.