Monday, August 10, 2009

A Fun Holiday Weekend

July 24th is a holiday in Utah, Pioneer Day! Our annual tradition is to go the parade on the 23rd in Bountiful and then over to my brother and sister in laws for food and fireworks. So that's what we did again this year and it was hot and fun (as usual). The next day Mike decided to take the boys and head to Montana for a few days to visit a friend of his and do some skating and fishing. They ended up in Butte one day and it happened to be Evil Kneival Days, the boys weren't excited at all! ;-) Then they decided to drive home through Yellowstone and loved it! While they were off having fun us girls were here having fun of our own. We hung out with Mike's sister and her family, watching movies, swimming, etc. I had to work 2 of the nights the boys were gone so the girls stayed with Mike's mom one night and at my parents the other night. It ended up being a nice weekend for everyone!


The girls at the parade!

Jenna enjoying the slide! She only went of the diving board once
and I didn't have my camera ready.


Ry doing a flip off the diving board. My nephew-in-laws were having a contest to see who could make a basket throwing the bball while in the air off the diving board into the hoop at the other end of the pool. They each tried a number of times when Ry decided she wanted to try. Yeah, she made it on her second try before either of the guys made it. You go girl!

This is the picture Mike texted me from Yellowstone. I love my guys and missed them while they were gone. I am glad they all had good time, I know it's a weekend the boys will never forget!

No comments: