Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Devin!

Today is my little (well younger) brother, Devin's birthday. He and his little family recently moved to TX and we miss them tons! Devin is an awesome brother, fun uncle, loving husband and father. I am 9 years older than him and sometimes feel like a missed a big chunk of his "growing up" years.
I do remember when mom was pregnant with him. In our family Brandon was born first and then myself and 3 sisters so I know my parents really wanted another boy. I still remember my dad coming to school to tell me that I had a brother and I was a bit upset, I wanted another sister.
I also remember the summer we lived at BYU while my parents went to school. Devin was 2 and I was holding him and he was throwing a fit so I set him down and he threw his head back and hit the corner of the cement wall and there was blood everywhere! My mom had on a yellow shirt and it turned red real fast. My dad was in class and mom wasn't sure where the hospital was. I rode with her and I remember (I think my mom made me) watching them stick the needle is his head to numb him up and then stitch him up. Maybe that was the first time I realized I might want to be a nurse...
There are plenty of other stories from when he was little that I can recall but they moved to NC when Devin was 12 and so I missed a lot!
I will never forget sitting in the Las Vegas airport with Devin and Jenna on our layover from San Diego when dad called to tell us Brandon had just passed away. I was so glad I wasn't alone at that moment.
Over the last few years I have been able to share many happy occasions with Devin: his wedding day, his college graduation, and the birth of his son. I love Devin and his cute family and am grateful he is my brother! We miss you Devin (and Karissa and Roran)! We hope you had a great birthday!!!

Devin with Mara and Jenna, he's a great uncle!
The kids are always excited when Devin is around!


Devin & Karissa's wedding day was so much fun! It was the first time we were all together again since Brandon had passed away, so it was so nice to be together for such a happy time!


Here he is, the proud dad! Roran was just a couple months old in this picture.
He looks a lot like Devin did as a baby, even has the same hairline.


Here is a more recent picture of Roran, I believe he is almost 6 months old.
Isn't he so stinking cute! I love his smile!
You know he is loved by how happy he is.



No comments: