Wednesday, March 10, 2010

WHAT!?!?!


Isn't my daughter beautiful? I worry sometimes becuase she is so beautiful and she has such an awesome personality as well. I worry about keeping the boys away...and her boy craziness doesn't help!
So she is tired of me repeating this little story but I am going to share it one last time:
I received a phone call from her last week while I was at work. She wanted to know if she could go hang out with a friend at the elementary school by our house. I asked which friend and she said "john" (name changed to protect the cute boy). I instantly said no! She kept asking why not and asking with a please. My answer was the same everytime, NO! I told her she is only 13 and can't hang out alone with a boy, especially the one she has a crush on. She was upset and still doesn't seem to get what the problem is with the idea of her haning out alone with a cute boy. I keep telling myself that I am ok with being a "mean mom" but it's not always easy. I want to let her have fun and enjoy life, the only problem is we have different ideas of what is fun or what is appropriate. Sometimes I feel I am too lenient and other times too strict. I only have my parents example and my instincts to go off of. I just keep praying that I will make the right decisions, teach my kids the right, and that they will make the right choices. Being a parent is hard! I am trying my best Rylee and doing what I feel is right. Please don't hate me...I love you so much and even though you think I am "mean" I am only doing what I do because of how much I love you.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are such an amazing Mom. You and Ry will be the mom and daughter everyone is jealous of in 10 years because you have such a perfect relationship. She will love you for the "meanness" and her husband will love you for it too, I'm sure ;)

Christy Woolston said...

Stick to your guns and you'll both be grateful for it down the road. My oldest is 13 as well and I just took him and a bunch of his friends (not pairs, mind you) to a movie. They all had a fun time and got to "hang out" together. Perhaps letting her organize such an outing with a bunch of her friends and then having a parent go along would quench her thirst. ??? Just a thought.

Aislinn said...

Rylee IS beautiful and her personality IS OUTSTANDING!!! If you weren't "mean" in her eyes, then you wouldn't be doing your job. Hang in there... the tough years are ahead, but she'll come through them just fine and she will love you so much for standing your ground!!

Unknown said...

If Rylee never thought you were mean you wouldn't be doing your job as a mother! It is fun being their friend and "cool" but I think being the parent always comes first- although it isn't always the glamorous roll or the appreciated roll- in the long run Rylee will thank you for it. She will understand what an amazing mother you are and that you love her eternally.

Unknown said...

WHY DO YOU TELL EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you too!!!!!!!!!!!