Tuesday, April 06, 2010

My "Presidents"

All the 5th graders have been working on a big project. They each chose a President or First Lady and had to write a report about them, draw a picture of them, make a poster about their life, write and memorize a 3 minute monologue, and dress up like their president for a wax museum. It was a lot of work for them, but I loved all the different skills they learned and used for each aspect of the project. (We have the best 5th grade teachers around!)


Noah chose Martin Van Buren because of his crazy hair. Here he is dressed up for the wax museum, crazy hair and all. I was so impressed with my boys, they memorized their entire monologue, I just wish they weren't so shy and would have talked louder. (you know, like they do at home)



And here is Cole, aka Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Isn't it a great project for 5th graders?!?!? They were all awesome!



No comments: