Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My Baby is Growing Up...

Jenna got mail today and was soooo excited! It was her registration packet for Kindergarten. I don't know if any other piece of mail has ever made me so sad. I have been so excited for her to start Kindergarten, until today. I have been a little emotional the last few days anyway, but I started crying today when I realized what was in this envelope and all that it entails. When Ry started Kindergarten I was thrilled! She was (and is) so independent and ready to start. She was so excited and I thought I would be sad, but didn't shed a tear. When the boys started kindergarten I cried a little. They are more dependent on me and each other (they would be spending most of their time apart for the first time) and they were so scared and when Cole starting tearing up I joined him. I really have been looking forward to Jenna starting and didn't think I would be so emotional about it. If I cried today, what am I going to do on the actual first day?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It made me cry just reading this. I am realizing more and more that my kids will keep on growing up and we can't stop it:(

Amy said...

i feel that same way about Nat starting preschool this year! that's why I didn't have her start last year! i just couldn't bear her being away so soon! kindergarten next year is going to break my heart! it just goes too fast! btw, jenna looks thrilled that that envelope though - she's probably so excited!

Sara B said...

You are sad but I am thrilled! I can't wait for Mara to start and she can't stop talking about it. How can our girls be this old already? Miss you guys!

julie said...

I am dreading that time of life as well! I don't want Ava to grow up! The other day when she no longer wanted me to walk her into pre school I got a little teary. I know she will always need me for something, but it is hard to realize that as they grow they become more and more independent. It was fun to talk to you this morning. I miss seeing you everyday!