Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Boys are 9!

Cole & Noah turned 9 years old yesterday! I cannot believe it! At church on Sunday I was looking at some 4 month old twins and thinking back to those days. Sometimes I can't remember them all too well, I think maybe I am trying to block out those first few months. All I did was feed them, change them, and hold them. They seemed so tiny. They were a lot of work but so worth it! It's even better now because I don't have to change them or feed them (well sort of). Now I get to talk with them, laugh with them, tease them, and hug them (they are too big to hold). They are so alike and yet so unique. They enjoy a lot of the same things but have been trying more to show their individuality. They even sometimes don't want to be twins which makes me sad. I don't think they realize how much they depend on each other. Cole is definitely more shy and sensitive while Noah is more outgoing. Cole is happy drawing while Noah would rather be doing something a little more physical. They both have the sweetest smiles and they both can melt my heart. I love to listen to them get so excited about something that they are both talking so fast and loud, neither wants to be the first to stop. They both love cars, video games, and Lego bricks. This year they were lucky enough to get two big family celebrations. On Saturday my whole family came over to celebrate all the March bdays (5 including my boys). We ate yummy food and played a fun game. Then lastnight we got together with all of Mike's family. All they got from everyone was LEGO bricks and they were thrilled! They are working on homework right now trying to finish so they can go build. I love it! Usually it is trying to get done to play video games. Here are a couple pics of them. The first is lastnight opening all their Legos. The other is from Christmas of 2003 with Hot Wheels, their old favorite toy. They look so young and it was only a few years ago. They grow too fast.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Boys! I agree with the growing too fast thing. Sometimes it would be nice to slow time down or atleast have a way to savour the good times for a bit longer. Look how they have grown.

Unknown said...

Time has flown. They are so darn cute- I love when they get excited about something too- I can totally picture them talking soo fast.

Heidi Sue said...

Wow, they have changed. Time goes so fast. Soon You'll be doing the Jr. High thing.