Friday, March 28, 2008

Randomness

So as usual I have not been posting regularly on my blog, oops! Sorry. I don't think most people really care, but since I don't keep a journal real regularly either I do care. I enjoy reading others blogs and seeing what's up with them especially those family and friends we don't get to see nearly enough. This post is going to be very random, sorry again.
1-I had all last week off from school and what did I accomplish? Not much. I read a good book, hung out with Mike's family still in town from the wedding, played with Jenna, interviewed for and was offered a new job, got TB test and tetnus shot for new job, went to see Horton Hears a Who with the fam (enjoyed it!), Easter egg hunt with the kids at Mike's parents, ate yummy Easter turkey with my parents and some siblings, watched the first few parts of the HBO miniseries John Adams (wonderful, and educational), had a much needed GNO....
2-This week I started my new job and am really excited about it. Orientation was not too exciting and so far training has been rather dull, but I am looking forward to the job. We will get benefits and they will pay for my school and I can get into nursing school faster which means I will be done faster. I figure the next few years will be crazy but so worth it! (at least that is what I keep telling myself) I also went back to school this week and realized I should have studied at least some of my break, oops! Oh well, that just means more studying this weekend.
3-It snowed yesterday! I didn't realize we were expecting a storm and was rather surprised to see a couple inches on the ground when we woke up. My recently opened daffodils looked pretty surrounded by snow. Of course it all melted before the end of the day, but I think we might get more this weekend. I am looking forward to next week when we should be back in the 50's.
4-The kids came home with their report cards yesterday and overall it was way to go kiddos! Rylee was so excited because she got a 4 in social behavior for the first time ine her life. (a 4 is an A) Usually she is a 2 or 3 point something since she enjoys talking so much.
5-Jenna has been soooo whiny lately, I hate it! She doesn't want to listen to anything and wants her way on every thing. I am trying so hard to be patient with her, any suggestions? On the plus side she has slept in her room (she still insists on sleeping on the floor, whatever) and stayed in her room all night the last 3 nights! Halleluah! It has been a couple months now since the whole "pee" incident started and since she has been sleeping normal. I just hope this new trend continues.
Right now I am drawing a blank. I don't have much else to share. I know my life is not too exciting but I am trying to enjoy all of it and appreciate how blessed I am. Even the hard "stuff" is a blessing, I just hope some day I really learn and appreciate it all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Carly
You are doing so great at juggling all this stuff! Your family is so lucky to have a mother with so much ambition and Moxie.

The Curtis Family said...

Hi Carly,

I linked over to your blog from Kelly's and just wanted to let you know I was keeping up on your family. I didn't know that you were going into nursing. That is awesome. Are you in the program or getting your pre-requisites done right now? I have to tell you that I LOVE being a nurse. I think you will really enjoy it as well. It's hard to hold it all together but it sounds like you are doing a great job. Keep it up! Take care.

---Allison

The Curtis Family said...

Oh, I forgot to ask. Would you object to me linking to your blog? Let me know.

---Allison

Amy said...

sometimes "exciting" things can be stressful things so be glad things are relatively calm right now.

Shelby said...

Love your blog and hearing about your randomness! I can relate ;)