Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hiking

I realized a few weeks ago that we had not been on 1 hike yet this summer so we took advantage of a Saturday off and headed up to our favorite spot: Silver Lake at Brighton. We decided to do a longer hike and headed up the trail (off the Silver Lake trail) to Twin Lakes. The kids and I have done this hike before about 5 years ago with my sister and her husband. Sara and I both had little babies in packs on us and then my other 3 kiddos and my niece Eliza was with us too. It is a mile each way but real rocky and steep most the way up. It is worth it though when you get to the top and see the beautiful reservoir. Of course the way back down is a lot easier and quicker. There was some complaining but overall it was a nice hike and a beautiful day! I think we are going to squeeze in another hiking day before it gets too cold.


Noah taking a quick rest on the trail. You can see how rocky it is but not too steep right here.


The view at the top, definitely worth the climb!


On the way back down.


This is what Silver Lake looks like from way up on the other trail.

No comments: