Wednesday, August 27, 2008

An Awesome Show!!!

Monday night Mike and I were lucky enough to go to the Sheryl Crow and James Blunt concert at the Usana Amphitheater. I got our tickets months ago through pre-sale on Sheryl Crow's website. We were in the 4th row but at the end of the row so no one was actually sitting in front of us. That is the first time either of us has seen a show at Usana and it is an incredible venue. It's outside and the weather was perfect that night. The acoustics are great too!


The opening act was Toot and the Metals (not sure on the spelling) who were really fun! They are from Jamaica and a reggae group.


James Blunt was AWESOME!!! I like his music but was not as excited to see him as I was to see Sheryl, but he was a great performer. Running through the crowd (right in front of us, I almost touched him) and jumping up on the piano (like in this pic) and all sorts of crazy fun! He is an incredible musician too. I wish I could play the piano like that. i do have to say I was surprised how many older ladies were there just to see him and were even a little stalker crazy about it.


Sheryl Crow was INCREDIBLE!!! Nothing short of what I expected. We had seen her almost 11 years ago exactly up at Wolf Mountain. She sang a lot of songs from her new album, Detours. It's a little political, a great album! She also sang a lot her "classics". She only played for about an 1 and a half but went from one song right into another so got in a good variety of her great music.


The pics are all taken from Mike's cell phone so they are not the best but I think they show how much fun it was!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So much fun! We tried to go at least once a summer to USANA, it sounds like a perfect night under the stars. It was fun to see the new posts, your kids look so grow up. And I had to laugh about the Joe bros.. they are cuties you know :)