Wednesday, August 06, 2008

School...

This summer has been nice for me school-wise. I was only taking one class online and took my last test the other day. I got my grade back and yeah, it's an A. I also applied this week for the nursing program offered through my employer and SLCC. If I get in I will start in January and finish in Decemebr 2010. I am really hoping to get in and get started but I recently found out they only take about 20% of the applicants each session. It is based on a point system where you get points for your grades in your prereqs (mine are all A's) and how long you have been employed with the company (me-only about 5 months) as well as a few other criteria. So I am anxiously waiting to here back (hopefully in Sept.). I was also told my a recent graduate of this program that most of the students who were married almost lost their husbands by the time they were done since they were gone so much. It really stressed me out for a couple days. I know am suppose to be doing this in my life right now for myself as well as my family, but I worry. I am lucky to have a supportive husband and I know Mike won't leave me, but I do worry about the additional stress it will create for us and our family. I guess we will have to become extremely organized and creative to make sure we keep all our eggs in our basket.

8 comments:

Sara B said...

good luck- let us know!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck. I am hoping it all works out for you.

Rachel said...

Carly, I can't believe what your life has been like these past few weeks! I'm so glad Jenna is feeling better, toothless and all.
I know that school and the future is totally stressful, but you are one of the strongest people I know, you will do great! Have faith in yourself, it will all work out.

Tiffany said...

You are wondermom! I know you will pull it off :)

5ofus said...

Well just tell mike when you are done with school you will become ween's personal RN & then you can travel with them. it will be stressful but 18 months will go by faster than you can begin to imagine and thankgoodness the kids will be in school. my offer to babysit is still always on the table if you ever change your mind.

Shelby said...

you are doing so great in school! Keep it up!

julie said...

School is so hard and yet so rewarding at the same time. Thanks for being in inspiration for me! You will make it through, just take it one day at a time!

Amy said...

what a terrible thing for someone to say to you! you don't need to hear things like that at this point in your school career! just blow that off! i've known a lot of people who've graduated from that program and they are all still perfectly married. yeah, it's stressful but so are all medical programs. you're going to do great and your family will be all the better for it. what a joke - you need friends that are positive, not negative!