Friday, July 09, 2010

Cheer Camp

Ry LOVED cheer camp this week! They practiced and performed outside at Fort Douglas and stayed in the dorms there. She learned a lot, set some goals, formed closer bonds with her fellow cheerleaders, cheered her heart out, flirted with some boys, and lost her voice. She told me on the way home that she wished it lasted a month, a few days was too short.



I know I am a bit biased, but isn't she so gorgeous!


Performing their cheer!


I think this was during their cheer as well. This is her stunt group. Rylee is small but there are enough girls smaller than her on her team that she is not a flyer. I feel a little better knowing she is not being held up and thrown around. I don't know that being a base is much safer, she has been kicked a few times already in the head and face.


Here is one of their entire team with their 2 coaches and their trophies and ribbons. They were the only Jr High team to compete in the Elite division so they took 1st in everything for Elite Jr High. They scored as high as some of the high school teams each day so they felt great about what they were able to accomplish! It was so fun to watch them perform, they really make a great team! They work together and there is no drama!
I am so glad Rylee is enjoying it so much!


No comments: