Sunday, July 04, 2010

Some time with my boys...

I know I keep talking about how limited my time is with work and school and life, but the last week or so I have felt like I have had a little more time for the important things in life: time with my kiddos (swimming, the drive in) time for myself (biking), time with friends (swimming, chatting, dinner, New Moon party, Eclipse), and time with Mike (dinner, lunch, drive in with the kiddos). The other day I was able to go on a tour of the state capital with the boys and their Scout group. I had never been inside the capital and it was amazing. It is a beautiful building! I enjoyed hanging with my boys and we even picked up Mike and had lunch later, a fun morning!



Here they are in one of the legislature rooms.



We had to take a picture of some of the little tiles. They were excited when the tour guide asked if anyone knew someone who was a tile mason. They both raised their hands and she told them how each of these tiles had to be laid piece by piece instead of on sheets like they do it today. They figured there had to be over a billion pieces of tile in the entire building and were trying to figure out how long it took to lay them all.




This really is an amazing building. Lots of natural light and beautiful murals painted everywhere.


No comments: