Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fun Filled Family Time

All week long we have been busy having fun with my family. My niece, Kaienta, who we have not seen in almost 5 years came for a visit. Since she was coming everyone else came to visit too: Sara and her kids from Vegas; Devin and his wife, Karissa, and their son Roran; and my sister Krista came down from Logan a couple days as well. The only one missing was my little brother, Griffin, who is living in San Diego and just started a new job so he was unable to get away. We have spent time just hanging out at mom and dad's (eating lots of yummy food), a day hiking and fishing at Silver Lake, a day at Cherry Hill, an evening filled with a parade and fireworks, a picnic, and just enjoying each others company and getting reacquainted with Kaienta. I have tons of pictures but we will start with these:

This first one is of my parents with all 12 of their grandkids together for the first time ever!


This one is of my cute family with Kaienta. She is so grown up and so cute. She reminds me so much of her mom and so much of my brother. It has been great to spend time with her, but a little bittersweet. It has made me miss Brandon even more and I keep thinking he should be here with her and all of us. I know there were others plans for him and his family that none of us can really comprehend now, and I know someday I will see him again, but really wishing he was still here with us, especially this week.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love the family pictures! I am so glad to hear the K fit in like she belonged there all along. Family is family, no matter time or distance.