Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Poor Moe

Lastnight after dinner Mike noticed that Moe had cut his leg on something. His fur was hanging off and it looked pretty bad. Luckily it wasn't bleeding much. I called the vet around the corner thinking they were open 24 hours. They were closed but I missed the phone number for the emergency vet on their message so called right back and the vet answered. He said I could take him to the emergency vet in SLC or wait and bring him first thing today to his office. We decided to wait. Then my friend (who is married to a great Dr.) came by and I asked her if he ever stitched up animals. He came over later and was ready to give it a shot, but Moe was not having it. He is too strong and almost bit Ben (the Dr.) when all he was doing was trying to irrigate the wound. We decided he needed to be sedated so waited for this morning. He spent the day at the vets having "surgery" and this is what he looks like now. (I forgot to take pictures before he was fixed up).

We are not sure what he was cut on. Mike looked around outside but didn't really find anything. It looks like they actually cut it bigger before they stitched him up.




So now he is on pain meds and antibiotics and I am praying it doesn't get infected. He is so sweet and I am glad he is ok.

1 comment:

Heidi Sue said...

That looks bad! Hope he is ok!