Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Skateboarding

I forgot to post about the Dew Tour a couple weeks ago. The Dew Tour is a big event with skateboarding and BMX competitions. I was able to go with Mike for a couple hours and watch the vert semifinals. It seems like forever since I have been to a skateboarding competition like that and I realized how much I missed it. It was fun seeing the pros like Shaun White get huge air on the big vert ramp, but I missed watching Mike get some air on a vert ramp. I remember when we were dating and I would ride with him to Ogden and watch him and his friends skate for hours. My mom always thought I was crazy. She thought it must be so boring to sit there while they have fun. She changed her mind after the first time she watched Mike skate a vert ramp. After we were first married Mike competed each year at the Vans Warped Tour and even won a couple times. It was a lot of fun to go to CA with him for the big Warped Tour finals. I miss the time with Mike and being able to just watch in awe as he goes bigger or finally lands a new trick. The look of determination and satisfaction on his face is inspiring. The more I am thinking about it the more I miss it. I guess I will just have to be grateful for the great memories...


Here is Shaun White:


No comments: