Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Excited and a bit nervous...

about my new job. I have spent the last 3 years going to school to learn to be a nurse. I graduated and then passed my boards. I was feeling so good, but having no luck finding an RN job, and started getting very frustrated. I had an amazing interview yesterday...felt so good about it, loved the manager and wasn't even really nervous once I was there. I didn't want to get my hopes up and didn't think I could wait until next week to find out I didn't get the job again. Well, I didn't have to wait and I didn't get rejected. I got the call this afternoon and was ecstatic! It's all official now...I am really an RN. I will be working at IMC on the 14th floor, Neurosciences. I can't wait to start training and learning even more. At the same time, it's a bit scary. It feels like a huge responsibility, but I know I can do it!

4 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

YAY! Congrats!

julie said...

Congrats! So happy for you! I know you can do it too :)

Rachel said...

Carly, you were made to be a nurse. Compassion and great with people are what you are, its in your fibers. I'm so excited for you. I hope your schedule works for the family too!

Heidi Sue said...

You can do it!! You have come so far in a little bit time. Good for you!! Just believe in yourself.
Thanks too for the other night with Bubba, I am so glad that you were there.