Thursday, July 19, 2007

Distractions


Lastnight I was trying to study when a thunderstorm started. It has been so hot and dry here for months, I can't remember the last time it rained. The kids & Mike & I went outside to enjoy the cool, yummy smelling rain. It actually pored pretty hard for about 10 minutes or so. The kids decided they wanted to run in the rain and I had to grab the camera. Can you tell how hard it is raining?
When it stopped we went back in, the kids put on dry pj's and I tried to study again. Mike informed me that One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was starting in a few minutes. It has been on tv lately but we keep turning it on already in progress. So I decided spending time with Mike, enjoying one of our favorite pass times (watching movies), was more important than studying.
Luckily work was a little slow tonight and I got some studying in there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM TOTOALLY JEALOUS!!!!! IT IS MONSOON SEASON HERE IN SIN CITY, BUT STILL NO RAIN!
sara

Grammy said...

Carly, it's been a while since I visited your blog. I enjoyed reading about you and your family. You are such an awesome woman. Good luck with school, work and family! It really keeps you busy! Keep up your blog. It is such a great way to journal and you will treasure it for years to come. We had a little rain last night here in AZ - just enough to wash the air and make the morning really nice, but the thermometer is climbing already.

Amy said...

Wow - you've been busy! I feel like I look at everyone's blogs frequently but it seems I've fallen behind! I miss seeing you around; you've been so busy but it's to be expected. I hope you're having fun with your job and schooling. It's crazy times though, huh?