Saturday, September 15, 2007

Family, Fall, Fun





3 of our favorite things: Family, Fall, & Fun! It seems like quite awhile since we have had a whole day of "freedom" (nothing that absolutely had to be done or no where we absolutely had to be) so we decided to enjoy some time together out in the beautiful fall weather. We love hiking and fall in Utah is the best time of year to hike. We thought we would try somewhere new and headed north and up Morgan canyon. We ended up near Snowbasin and found a trail to Green Pond. It was amazing! It was just about 1 mile each way, not too hard for the kids, and the leaves were starting to change. The kids had a great time finding colorful leaves and trying to catch crickets/grasshoppers. It was sooooooooo much fun to just be together as a family and enjoy the beautiful outdoors.

4 comments:

Grammy said...

I must tell you that fall is my favorite season. I am so jealous of the beautiful leaves. I put out my "fake" leaves today in my house to decorate for fall. Enjoy it for me will you? It's still getting to 108 here in Phoenix...though it is supposed to "cool down" to 103 next week, and it is going down to the 80's at night. I just got my electric bill - we won't even go there!

Sara B said...

I am jealous too!!!!! Oh how I miss the fall. I guess it could be worse, I could live in Phoenix- here in Vegas we are finally out of the 100's.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great place to spend with the kiddos. I am going to tell Lane about, we would love to do that. Fall is my favorite season as well!

Rachel said...

Carly, every time I look at these pictures it makes me homesick for Autumn. I realized that we don't have any trees that are changing color, only yellow, light green and brown. Enjoy the Fall! It's such a nice transition to winter :) I do miss the seasons already!