Friday, September 14, 2007

Hmmmmmmm.....

Most of the time I just post pictures and talk about things going in our life. I don't usually post my "true" thoughts and feelings although I have some friends who do and I love it. I like getting an insight into who they really are. They seem to be exceptional writers, I mean, I can truely understand what they are trying to say and how they feel. I am intimidated by them because I have such a hard time expressing myself in words (written or otherwise). I also hate that I am such an emotional person. I cry when I am sad, angry, happy, excited, lonley, afraid, or whatever. So I tend to keep my emotions and feeling to myself. Today I am going to forget the intimidation and fear and attempt to put some of my true thoughts and feelings into words.
Have you ever felt like your life is going along smoothly, you feel like you are doing the things you are suppose to be doing, you are doing you best to keep your life all in order, and then life throws you a curveball and it all seems to change in an instant? That is how I am feeling right now. I really thought I had my life all figured out and was doing what I was suppose to for me and my family right now, but now........ Well, I need to make some changes and I have the hardest time making decisions. I just wish someone would tell me what I should do and I'd do it. I am stressed about making the wrong decisions and then making the actual changes is a struggle and I just feel very overwhelmed with life. I know that each step of this journey is the journey but when you are in the thick of a major "step" it is hard to keep that in mind. AHHHHH, Life..........

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean! Sometimes there isn't even a RIGHT decision you just have to go with one and then you will be blessed. Let me know if I can do anything to help:)

Amy said...

that's such a hard thing carly. btw I love this post because it is a reflection of what's going on with you! anyway, i 2nd what katie says - and if you're praying, then the Lord, and your heart, will tell you what to do. i have a similar big decision going on in my life and it's frightening but exciting in the same sense. good luck!

Anonymous said...

Carly - the greatest thing about making tough decisions is always knowing the people who love and support you are always at your side. We, are always there for you and if there is anything that we can do to help you with anything, we are just a phone call, email, etc...away.

kelly said...

Sometimes I already know what I 'should' be doing, but my own desires or ideas of how I want my life get in the way of me making the right choice.
You're heart is always in the right place, Carly. Trust yourself.
Or ask me, I'll tell you what to do! Ha, Ha, Ha.

Grammy said...

Carly, it's been a while since I visited your blog, which I love. I can totally relate to your feelings. Sometimes decisions can be so difficult and we know what we want, but it might not be what the Lord has in store for us. That is what happened to me late last spring and early summer. As I look back, I can see how things were so fully orchestrated by divine power, and I just couldn't see the big picture through my tunnel vision. Be really prayerful and open yourself to the Lord's direction. All things will work together for your good. You are so amazing and you are so loved!

Sara B said...

Carly- I just wanted to say I love you! I wish I lived closer and could be of some help. Maybe what you need is a vacation- come visit- we can have a night on the town with no kids! I have a room already for you.