Sunday, September 09, 2007

Weekly Injuries...


It seems we have had our share of angels watching over us this week, some may say it was just luck, but I know it's more than that.
First, on Tuesday night it was real windy and stormy and some of Mike's glass block got blown over and broken on the driveway. He was outside cleaning it all up when I heard him yell, OOWWWW! He came in with blood dripping down his arm. Luckily he was able to walk in by himself (he doesn' care much for blood). I thought in needed stitches but he said NoWay! (he doesn't care much for needles either). I called out friend, Dr. Ben and he said he could come over and stitch it up but if Mike really didn't want stitches he said I could just steri strip it & it should be fine, it was.
Yesterday we were all outside, the kids were riding their bikes, I was studying, and we were just enjoying the wonderful weather. I was on the front porch and heard a crash from the side of the house and then Jenna started screaming. Mike was in the driveway and looked toward the screams and started running. Poor Jenna was laying under this granite coutertop (the picture is what it looked like after). For those of you who are not aware granite is heavy, very heavy!!! Luckily it was only a countertop and not a full slab. She was crying pretty hard and said her leg and her toe hurt. I took her inside and was worried her leg might be broken. We got her laying down and put some ice on it, gave her some motrin for the pain and to keep the swelling down and turned on The Little Mermaid and waited. A little while later she was up and running again so I knew it wasn't broken. She has a nice big bruise just above her knee and a few scrapes on her toe and arm, but overall she is fine. Thank goodness.
Tonight Rylee went with Mike's parents to their Bishop's house for root beer floats. When they got back Ry walked in holding a bag of ice on her head. I guess she made a few bee's very upset because she had gotten stung, at least 2 times. Once on her forehead just above her eye and then on her ear, she thinks more than once. They had put baking soda on and given her the ice (thanks to moms who know what to do and do it for your kids when you aren't there to do it) and I gave her some benadryl. It was a little swollen, but I think the pain was worse. She went to bed not a happy girl.
So, all in all everyone is ok (except for the granite countertop which Mike was going to install the same day it broke). I am very grateful that 3 potentially really bad incidents turned out all right.

4 comments:

Amy said...

bad juju!

Rachel said...

OH my goodness! I'm so glad things worked out well. Mike may want to secure his granite counter tops.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!
Glad everyone is ok.

Sara B said...

happy no one was seriously hurt. Mara is worried about jenna so she is coloring her a picture right now. love and miss you all-sara